Thursday, September 15, 2016

Week 3: Being happy on exchange

It's crazy how fast all of this is going by. It is getting easier and easier with each week that passes. No, I am not fluent in Spanish and no I don't have everything figured out here. But, it's definitely getting better. I am learning something new everyday. Everything is new, no matter where I go. There is always something new to eat, place to see or a new word to use incorrectly and get laughed at. 

The language is coming easier, but slowly and I still make dumb mistakes everyday. It's just so hard to get used to the accent and bizarre words everyone uses on the daily. 

Last weekend we had our first district conference with all of the other exchange students from my district and a group called "Rotex" that is formed from outbound rotary students that have already gone on exchange. I met some amazing people during the conference. Talking to an exchange student in Argentina is refreshing because they understand everything what you are going through. From the differences in weather to the difficulty of understanding the language, exchange students just understand each other better than everyone during your year abroad. 

This was the first week I felt truly happy on my exchange. Saying that as an exchange student is hard because the first few weeks of exchange can be the most emotional and depressing weeks of your life.  It is such an amazing feeling to go abroad independently and feel confident and a sense of belonging. It's going to be a great 10 months.

I am settling into a routine and looking forward to experiencing new things everyday! I still have a little over a month before in get the opportunity to visit Patagonia and other places in the South of Argentina.

More updates to come.

Chau for now 

Ben











No comments:

Post a Comment